Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Running Tip...

Well, I figured out how to use my energy most efficiently!!! Thought I would share :).

I went to the gym last night - first time after being sick for a couple weeks...and I ran 3 miles with NO PROBLEM. (Usually I get tired around 2 and the longest I have made it was 4 miles without stopping) But last night I could have kept running after the 3 miles, unfortunately the gym has a time limit for the treadmills ;p - I will run outside next time!

But, here is the secret....Run for 4 minutes and walk one (1) minute - keep rotating that pace back and forth and it is amazing the recooperation time that one (1) minute gives you! At the end of the 4 minute section you are definitely feeling tired, but once you walk you are ready to go again...our bodies are an amazing thing. I love to learn new ways to make us work!!!

Okay, I will get off my soap box...just wanted to share my new found knowledge.

p.s. I think my sister has been running like this for a while - oh well, I am just slow on the uptake!! he he

1 comment:

Mom said...

I used the treadmill yesterday and found I could go further when I slowed down every so often.

I tagged you girl. See my blog for info.